Too Much Money?

Everyone wants to have a great, fun time at their favorite amusement park. But who wants to pay a lot of money to get in? Not me! On Sunday, June 9th everything will change for the The Walt Disney Company. They have decided to raise their prices in both  Disneyland (Anaheim, CA.) and Disney World (Orlando, Fla.) The Burbank-based company states that a single-day ticket for ages 10 or older for both parks will cost from $87-$92, meaning it increased 6%. Thats crazy! In Disney World the adult pass increased $6 per person, meaning they have to pay now $95 for one adult for the day. Then there’s barely a discount for the children. Only the kids under age ten could have a 6% discount, meaning their total is $89. As you can see, the costs for an average family would be extremely high.

In my opinion, I personally think that the their prices should be lower. I think they are extremely high for a park filled with a ton of people. Yes, there are many rides but also huge lines. You could wait in a line for an hour just to go on one ride. By the end of the day it could be a waste of money by only going on a few rides. Furthermore, the families that have 5 people in it, like I do, that go to Disney World would spend a ton. For me, I have my dad, my mom, my 17 year old sister, my 15 year old brother, and me. That means for five people it will cost $475 for one day! That doesn’t even include parking and all the food. I think thats crazy for people to pay that much for rides. There should be discounts, but no there isn’t. Overall, I think if they keep raising their prices then people can’t afford it and they will lose customers.

~Kaitlyn D’Andrea