Running: Is It For You?

When someone thinks of running, the first thing that comes to mind would probably be something along the lines of how it’s boring, difficult, or even that it has no benefit or point. And even when people do start to try to become a runner, often they find themselves out of shape or “running” into many different beginners problems such trying to find the right shoes/equipment to start running, which by the way aren’t exactly the cheapest things to get. So why bother to start running if it can be such a challenge and so mentally and physically exhausting? Well, if your up to the challenge, you might find that running can be really rewarding.

There are many reasons to start running to help you look your best, feel your best, and to stay at your top health. One of the top reasons someone would want to start running is for weight management. The truth is, if you plan on losing a lot of weight, starting this sport is definitely going to be a challenge. But, running is probably going to be the best effort you ever put in to lose weight in the end. Another good point to running, is like all other team sports, is that it is excellent for your social life. Participating in races, or even just going for a jog can be a lot of fun when running with friends for competition or just for something to do with other runners. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to be on a team to enjoy running with others. Running can just be a simple hobby. And finally, running can lift stress and make you a happier person. Just going for a jog naturally releases hormones that will put a smile on your face. There also are countless other reasons to start running and pretty much no downside. Bottom line, it couldn’t hurt to try this great sport.

When I first started running, I joined my schools cross country team and I thought it was just like the mile run all over again. But, however, when I got into shape it became easier and easier. I could feel the difference as I got more in shape and I felt more healthy. I even got a lot better at all sports as the season went on. Running quickly became one of my favorite sports and I kept on doing it for two years. Basically it a great sport to take up and there is so much more to it that mentioned on my blog. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start running!

~David Amann