Let’s Get A Rink Rolling!

Cheshire prides itself on it’s great school system, but the teens who live here wish Cheshire had something else aside from great schools.  Almost anybody you talk to will agree Cheshire needs more places for friends to hang out and have a good time.  Driving 45 minutes on a Friday night just to go roller skating is a big inconvenience and a waste of time.  That is why I think that the town should open up a roller skating rink here in Cheshire.  This would give teens something to do without having to travel far.  The town would also make lots of money from this because it doesn’t cost much to maintain and I’m sure tons of people would go to roller skate.

I really think this is a good idea, because I know all my friends, including myself, would love to go roller skating somewhere close by.  This would also be beneficial to our parents because we can be closer to home and they don’t have to drive for such a long time.  A roller skating rink would be good because you can go there every season.  During fall and winter you can escape the cold but still be active and enjoy yourself, and in summer and spring you could get away from the heat without having to go swimming.  The last reason I think a roller skating rink would be good is because you don’t only have to roller skate.  In this rink, for example http://www.rollermagicct.com/, you can play in the arcade or grab some food with a friend, keeping you entertained for hours, proving it to be well worth the cos

~Nina Casapulla