Gucci

When you buy clothes, how much do you spend? Probably not a thousand dollars. And if you do, it’s probably not on just one thing. Well, Gucci has a dress for $1250. And, its just a normal dress, there isn’t anything really special about it. When I saw the dress before I saw how ridiculous the price was, all I saw was a dark blue dress with a metallic gold painted ring in the middle. It was kind of pretty, but it was also kind of plain. Then, after I saw the price tag, I was confused. Why would such an ordinary dress cost so much? But then I saw the word “Gucci” in small letters in the ring. Even more expensive is Jimmy Choo, a well known shoe designer, who designs shoes that cost from about $400- $2000. Yeah, I know what you’re probably thinking. Nobody would spend that much on a single pair of shoes. However, there is a decent amount of people who would.  Don’t get me wrong, I love designer fashion (a lot), but there are limits.

I just don’t get it. There aren’t that many people who would spend that on a single dress. As for the shoes, I saw a pair that looked just like those in another store for about $70. And even though those Jimmy Choo shoes are high quality,I wouldn’t spend an extra thousand just for a designer logo. Think about it: how much are you willing to spend for fashion?

~Gabriella Terry