Half the Moon, Full Deliciousness!

Although many of you may not know this restaurant; the Half Moon, of Wallingford, has excellent Italian food. You can get pasta, pizza, paninis, soup, salad, and so much more! Right next to Half Moon is a little bakery, Mr. D’s, that has everything from ice cream to cupcakes to toys. That is definitely one strange combination! They have the best Red Velvet cupcakes! And how convenient: a bakery right next to a restaurant?! Dinner and dessert anyone?

My favorite dish would have to be the Penne alla Vodka. This is made up of penne pasta (duh!) and the sauce. The Penne alla Vodka sauce is made with regular tomato sauce, vodka, and cream. The ingredients come together to form a salmony-pink, thick sauce. This pasta dish is super delicious when topped with grated cheese. Half Moon creates this dish to a ‘T’. The overall experience of Half Moon is interesting. When you walk in, there’s a jumble of tables. At the counter, there are menus and the specials board. Normally, there’s a line, so you wait in the line, tell the person behind the counter what you want, pay, and then sit at a table. Both your drinks and bread will be brought out, followed by your meal. Half Moon also sells tea, coffee, and gelato! My favorite type of gelato is chocolate, but some other common flavors are pistachio and coffee. I’ve been to the Half Moon countless times and aside from a few issues with bad service, I normally have a great time. If you’re looking for some delicious Italian food, Half Moon is the place to go!

~Jen Cavazuti