The Hunger Games vs Twilight

Recently the hit Twilight Series   written by Stephenie Meyers, just finished filming their final  movie Breaking Dawn Part 2 coming out  November 16, 2012. This series has made quite an impact on the nation because of  it’s thrilling action and heated romances. But sites say that the New York Times Bestselling  Author Suzanne Collin’s new Hunger Games Series might be the “New Twilight”. The first film which is coming out March 23, 2012 is told to be the movie of the year and to be even  more successful then Twilight.  This upcoming movie has had an even bigger impact not only because of the thrilling action and love interest but because of its story line .

“In a not-too-distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcast throughout Panem. The 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss’ young sister, Prim, is selected as the mining district’s female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart Peeta, will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives.” (Suzanne Collins)

In my personal opinion  considering that I have read the books I am more excited for The Hunger Games Series then I was for the Twilight Series. I believe that it will be just as much of a success.

~Callie York